Everyone has a motto. Some say, they don’t drink milk. Others say, they drink only beer. Some believe in love at first sight. Others track UFOs. Many speak in many tongues. But the metal is not steel until it has been tested through fire. To make a motto successfully align with one’s goals, one must conceive a method.
It was a matter privileged and honour to have Manish Puri interact with our team at the studio. The talk dealt with issues of motivation and personal accountability; ways to avoid miscommunication and become a good salesperson; of organisational culture. Manish Puri is a Business Consultant & Coach. He is the founder of STRAVENUES.
Notes from the talk:
MOTIVATION VS DEMOTIVATION
List down 10 things that motivate you in the immediate future.
‘How can you not be Motivated!!’
Motivation comes before, results after. Don’t wait for something to happen to motivate you.
How to change your mood to Motivation?
- Shift focus to something nice
HOW TO AVOID MISCOMMUNICATION
Commune- Togetherness- a priority for effective communication
- Ask the question- ‘Do I have the right words?’
- Always confirm if the person has understood what you are saying
- Ask people to explain what they have understood
- Inappropriate Words
- Inappropriate Tone/Voice
- Inappropriate Body Language
- Guided by Intention(priority)- Insight behind expressing
HOW TO BE A GOOD SALESPERSON
- Right set of words
- Tremendous Confidence
You think about yourself 94% of the day.- Don’t talk about the product, talk about them.
- Create need for your product
- Develop Interest
- Talk about CM, not your product
As a team leader, how do you get things done?
How to not be nagging and yet ensure things get done on time?
- Assign a task with deadlines
- Tell them you will call them 4 times to take report and you want them to love you and not hate you for it.
- Expectation- 25% task completed by each call
- Ask them what you can do to enable them if deadlines fall short
- Know everybody’s strengths
- Make a culture chart for your organization
- Implement it in your office and with your clients
- Culture speaks for you not what you offer
- Culture is what attracts clients
Brainpan Studio | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Instagram