Stories have a way of capturing our minds and transporting us in another dimension all together.
However, there are good stories and bad stories. In our lives we come across both. The bad stories fade away with time. The good stories leave a mark on us; they leave us lingering onto the thoughts and feelings of the character. In a simpler language…. they stick.
You need to create a story which speaks to the audience. A good story is in a universal language. The language of Love; understood by all. They get intertwined into the lives of the characters. Only to find themselves somewhere inside the story. Being a part of it. Experiencing it and for a while living in it.
The Power of Storytelling
- Stories give meaning to life.
- Stories create value.
- Telling great stories makes you stand out.
- Stories are shared experiences.
- People care about the culture and your cause more than you think.
Stories are a very essential part of marketing. Good storytelling can lead to better results. A research was made on eBay. Products of not much value were put up for sale but were sold at a very low price. The same type of products were again put up online only this time accompanied with a story. There was a stark difference between both the selling price before and after the stories were linked to the product. THIS IS THE POWER OF STORYTELLING. (Read More)
The Core Principles of Storytelling
- Give your story a sound structure. A valid structure is really important. When you give a structure to your story it helps the audience navigate through easily and understand the objective of the story.
- Know who you’re speaking to. Addressing the audience directly is a great way to keep them interested in you. People like being important.
The Trail by 3
- Persuasive storytelling is all about making people care about your cause through LOVE.
- Answering to their rational mind through LOGIC.
- And the missing element here is explaining them something. Giving them a LEARNING.
This is our philosophy of LOVE LOGIC LEARNING at BRAINPAN STUDIO.
An article by Prachi Singh Tomar. First published on Quora in reply to the question: How do you create Persuasive Storytelling in your video marketing to make your Value Proposition Matter?
Say hello to us on other networks:
Brainpan Studio(The mothership) | Facebook (Polls and videos) | Twitter (News and Industry titbits) | Youtube (Awesome videos) | Instagram (The animated team stories)